The Medit i700 Wireless launch event took place on the 20th of April 2022. You can watch it on YouTube here or we have it available below.
This was one of Medit’s largest releases to date with two new scanners announced. Most of the event was actually about the software and achievements of the Medit company over the past three years. This is a company that has shaken the digital dentistry industry to its core, they should certainly be proud of what they’ve accomplished.
To help you get the key points quickly we have summarized all the information from the event for you below.
Medit i700 Wireless – “magic made easy with a simple touch”
- One year ago the i700 wired scanner was released, and now Medit has released their new flagship scanner – the Wireless Medit i700.
- The focus seems to be that it is easy to learn and use. The company spoke in-depth about how they want to ensure that the performance of the wireless model is not impacted.
- All-day scanning with a single battery – 60 minutes of continuous use or 8 hours in sleep mode.
- Uses “intelligent power management” technology to detect when the scanner is not in use and put it in sleep mode.
- The scanner wakes up automatically when picked up and you can start scanning right away without any heat-up time required for the scanner tip.
- If the scanner runs out of battery mid-scan, the software automatically saves any scan data.
- The weight of the wireless scanner is 255g without the battery and 328 with the battery. For reference the i700 wired version is lighter, weighing in at 245 grams. The wireless i700 is 50g lighter than the TRIOS 4 wireless (375g).
- The i700 wireless scanner heads can be Autoclaved up to 150 times (upgraded from 100 for the i700).
- The i700 wireless comes with a detachable handle for those who don't want to use a pen grip.
- According to the company, the Medit i700 Wireless is Drop-Safe. It has undergone many drop-tests. It is impact resistant but the company still recommends wearing the wrist strap 🙂.
- The scanner captures approximately 1000 images per second at 70 FPS.
- Uses mmWave-based technology for wireless – 60 GHz frequency band, transmitting 4K / 60Hz uncompressed images.
- Otherwise, it is the exact same scanner as the i700 – the same calibration tool, UV-C, remote control, etc. The same features as the Medit i700. Just wireless. See our full review of the i700 here.
Medit i600 – the surprise
- A new wired Medit scanner.
- This scanner will be the company's lowest-cost offering at 13,500 USD.
- Has the same housing as the i700 but with a blue colour. It also has some ‘extra' features removed like the remote button.
- This seems like it will be the successor to the Medit i500 and will be an overall improvement at a low cost.
- Few details were given at the launch event. It will be released 27 of April. Medit has an entire i600 page on its website.
Medit Link, Medit Scan, and Apps
- All software + hardware has been heavily optimized and now the computer requirements have been reduced. The company is adamant they don't want the i700 to have the reputation of being usable with only expensive PCs, stating that their scanners are compatible with most PCs.
- There was also a hint by the CTO that it will be available for Mac OS soon.
- Smart Shade Guide – color shade matching coming to the Medit scanners (excluding i500).
- The CEO stated multiple times that the Medit software is an open system to all scanners.
- Medit Apps – no new releases mentioned but we may be seeing future apps for crown and bridge as this was hinted in the event.
- The CTO mentioned that the Medit Link software enables consistent precise scans regardless of who is using the scanner, utilizing AI-assisted scanning for beginners.
- The company took the opportunity to go over all the Medit features we have grown to love. Colour filtering, reliability map, smart stitching, smart arrows, etc. Nothing new otherwise.
- One interesting comment was the fact that Medit Link is no longer primarily a Windows desktop app. Now you can log into Medit Link cloud service and use all the features in a web browser.
That's everything summarized from the Medit i700w launch event.
We will be releasing multiple videos about the Medit i700W and Medit i600 in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out.
If you want to learn more about Medit’s current offerings, you can check out our Medit i700 review here.
For now, here is our unboxing of the Medit i700 Wireless and an overview of the scanner: