On the 3rd to the 4th of June 2022, hundreds of passionate digital dentists flocked to Sydney for the annual Digital Dentistry and Dental Expo!
It was amazing to rub shoulders with some industry heavyweights, especially as the event had been delayed for two years thanks to the dreaded C-word.
We also got to test drive a bunch of new technology that’s going to make a huge impact on the dental industry - and the lives of our patients.
The event covered all aspects of digital dentistry, including intraoral scanning, 3D printing, Milling, CBCT, CAD/CAM, software and much more.
We’re going to be covering some of the more exciting reveals in upcoming blogs, but for now, scroll down for a recap of the event.
Dentsply Sirona Primeprint Australia
- A large 3D printer for a desktop/chairside solution compared to other options.
- A premium market option for those that want full automation.
- Comes with the UV protected Primeprint box to safely handle prints.
- Two washing containers with an RFID tag that automatically checks the fill level and condition of the contents.
- Offers a wide variety of validated materials.
- Features a DLP light engine - increased accuracy.
- Coal filter to reduce toxic fumes and ensure an external suction device is not needed.
- Robot arm moves the build plate, which means the printing process is fully automated.
- Quick printing for an efficient workflow.
See our article to read more about the Primeprint, the equipment pricing and cost of resins.
- A 3D face scanner.
- Helps patients visualise treatment - higher case acceptance.
- Totally open system.
- Easy to use - can be delegated to assistants easily.
- Has the WOW factor.
- Allows for import of intraoral and CT scans and can be used for orthodontics, implants, aesthetic, and complex prosthetic treatments.
- Uses high resolution cameras for great image quality.
- It takes less than a second to capture the patient without blinding them or getting a motion blur. Less than a minute to render the scan.
- The software can generate a QR code that allows the face scan to be shared on the phone and other devices without too much hassle.
- It has launched at an approximate price point of €20,000 EUR, enquire with the dealer in your country.
- It is available now in Europe, United States, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
If you would like to get a demo enquire with Ray directly.
- Able to cut aligners in under a minute.
- Fully automatic cutting with 20W, CO2, Class 1 laser.
- Works with both resin and stone models.
- Has engraving function for numbering and labelling.
- Compatible with all major thermoformatting systems.
- No need for polishing, has excellent post cutting edge quality.
- Consistent output - removes a boring job for dental technicians
- Created by Dental Manufacturing Unit (Austria) and distributed by Dental Axess globally.
- A 3D filament printer with a very simple “plug and print” concept.
- Ideal for ortho focused dental clinics looking to bring 3D printing in-house without the need to wash and cure prints.
- Ecological, sustainable and health-friendly:
- 100% free of irritant substances
- No polymerization in the light-curing unit necessary
- No post-processing with chemicals required
- Eco-friendly and health-friendly printing
- Colorfast, UV-resistant
- High dimensional accuracy with consistent and reproducible results.
- Level resolution up to 50 μm. Not suited for crown and bridge work but more than sufficient (and marketed for) orthodontics and study models.
- Quite small, can easily fit on a workbench without taking too much space.
- The machine prints are ready to use with out washing or curing like resin printers need - all in one.
- A good solution for ortho practices with limited space.
- Low noise level - under 49 decibels.
- Simple handling with removable print platform.
- Comes preloaded with SIMPLEX sliceware.
- Automated troubleshooting.
- Touchscreen navigation.
- Developed by Renfert (Germany), distributed in Australia and NZ by Main Orthodontics.
- A dynamic 3D navigation system that delivers real-time interactive guidance of drill position during surgery.
- Improves accuracy and precision of implant position, angle, and depth.
- Acts as a GPS for dental drills and implants.
- Eliminates the need to 3D print surgical guides, allowing you to plan treatment and perform surgery in a single day.
- X-point technology showcases position, angle and depth.
- All parts can be autoclaved for sterilization and efficiency.
- Approximate pricing in Australia is $55,000 AUD. Check with your local dealer for accurate information.
Look out for a detailed review from iDD on this incredible piece of equipment very soon.
Lecture topics - 3D printing, digital dentures
- Lots of lectures were geared towards 3D printing and creating digital dentures in-house.
- Most of these talks were packed.
- It definitely seems like that’s where the industry is heading in the short future.
- A lot of stalls featuring 3D printers were extremely busy throughout the expo.
Want to unlock your full potential?
Whether you’re getting started in digital dentistry, looking for unbiased reviews before your first intraoral scanner purchase, or have been using digital dentistry for some time and want to see what’s next, our online library of video content can help you unlock your full potential.
Most digital dentistry content is heavily sponsored by the very corporations you buy from. We’re proud to say our content is objective and unsponsored - we’ll tell it like it is and teach you things the sales reps won’t.
Our membership is packed to the brim with informative content, and more videos are being added all the time.
Take a look at our library and level up your digital dentistry today.